Fastest and most flexible enterprise SAN solutions
Cumulus is using the latest technologies in storage and storage virtualisation by combining the best market players to deliver the most efficient, most redundant service. We are combining Nexsan for volume delivery and Datacore state of the art SanSymphony virtualisation software to deliver unmatched flexibility and integrity.
DataCore Enterprise Storage Platform
Cumulus delivers one of the world’s fastest and most flexible storage solution on the market today. Our IaaS cloud combines the fastest hardware available with the most robust SAN intelligence to deliver an enterprise based SAN solution to our customers at an attractive price point. With our DataCore solution, every byte of data written to our storage platform is written twice within a synchronous mirror, ensuring your data is always safe.
DataCore enhances server virtualization and the software insulates your virtual server environments from the adds, moves and changes in the physical disk configuration. DataCore’s application transparent high-availability, auto failover and failback capabilities slash downtime while protecting your critical business data.
The fastest hardware with the most robust Storage Area Network (SAN)
In addition to performance, our DataCore solution offers unmatched flexibility and integrity as every byte of data is safely stored and replicated on two different locations in Luxembourg.
Cumulus Virtual Storage makes use the storage at levels never previously achieved:
– Increases utilization rates up to 80% or more
– Reduces provisioning times for new applications from days to minutes
– Accelerates response times for change requests, time is money
– Eliminates disruptions for upgrades and hardware maintenance
– Complete redundancy of hardware and Storage servers
Cumulus Virtual Storage offers Thin Provisioning and Space Efficiency:
– Allocate just enough space, just-in-time
– Appears to computers as very large drives
(e.g. > 2 TB disks)
– Takes up only space actually being written to
– Dynamically allocates more disk space when required
– Notifies you when it’s time to add capacity
– Reduces need to resize LUNs
– Reclaims zeroed out disk space
Cumulus Virtual Storage offers High Speed Caching:
– Speed up performance
– Accelerates disk I/O response from existing storage
– Uses x86-64 CPUs and memory from DataCore nodes as powerful, inexpensive “mega caches”
– Anticipates next blocks to be read, and coalesces writes to avoid waiting on disks
Cumulus Virtual Storage offers Sync Mirroring (High-Availablity):
– Real-time I/O replication for High-Availability
– Architect N+1 redundant grids for continuous availability
– Eliminate SAN or storage as a single point of failure when combined with host MPIO or ALUA drivers
– Enhance survivability using physically separate nodes in different locations
– Mirrored virtual disks behave like one, multi-ported shared drive, while automatically updating the two copies simultaneously
– Establish a common hot site for multiple data centers in the same metropolitan area
Cumulus Virtual Storage is based on the DataCore SANsymphony software and Nexsan hardware.
DataCoreSANsymphony is a Storage Hypervisor which may be defined as a portable, centrally-managed software package used to enhance the combined value of multiple disk storage systems, including dissimilar and incompatible models, by supplementing their individual capabilities with extended provisioning, replication, and performance acceleration services. Its comprehensive set of storage control and monitoring functions operate as a transparent virtual layer across consolidated disk pools to improve their availability, speed and utilization.
Cumulus Virtual Storage is available in combination with Cumulus Virtual Servers but may also be utilized as an independent storage platform.
Our storage is replicated as a standard between two data centers by means of the DataCore San Symphony-V solution. We don’t believe that keeping data in one location only is an option any longer
The storage is made available based on different disk types and disk configurations:
||Cost per month
|RAID 5 SATA per unit of 50 GB
|RAID 5 SAS per unit of 50 GB
|RAID 10 SAS per unit of 50 GB
Replicating you data is great but not sufficient because you may still suffer loss of data from accidental deletion or worse disasters. For this reason we offer “Inside the Data Center Backup Services” which are replicated (of course!)
Our service is based on the Evault technology and is an all-inclusive solution. This means that all your server agents, all application plug-ins and the internet provision are covered by the monthly per GB price.
Our prices are quoted per month (ex-vat) for a minimum contract duration of 1 year.